Top News Story
Brandon Read, IT assistant at NewVoiceMedia, was honoured as a top performing apprentice at a House of Lords reception last week.
The prestigious event, staged by West Nottinghamshire College Group, saw Brandon presented with a trophy and certificate by Andrew Jones MP, Apprenticeships Ambassador in Parliament.
Held on Wednesday 5 June in the historic building's Cholmondeley Room and Terrace, the reception celebrated the success of the Mansfield college group's apprenticeship scheme and acknowledged the hard work and commitment of apprentices and their employers. Brandon was amongst 30 apprentices in attendance, selected from its crop of 12,000 across the country, in recognition of his contribution to NewVoiceMedia, a leading provider of cloud contact centre solutions. He was offered a role at the company's Hampshire headquarters following a nine-month advanced apprenticeship in 'IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals' after completing his training through Vision Workforce Skills, a subsidiary of the college group.
The event was hosted by Baroness Prashar CBE, a cross-bench peer who has led several public and voluntary organisations. Guest speaker was Skills Minister Matthew Hancock MP, and other guests included Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin MP, senior figures from the further education and skills sector, and representatives of partner organisations.
Graham Howe, managing director of Vision Workforce Skills, said: "The House of Lords was the perfect place to celebrate the successes and outstanding achievements of our top-performing apprentices, as well as say thank you to their employers for giving them such a wonderful opportunity.
"Brandon has made an enormous contribution to NewVoiceMedia and is deserving of this high-profile recognition.
"We hope this event and Brandon's success inspires other young people and employers to consider the benefits that apprenticeships bring to individuals and businesses," he added.
Brandon commented, "I was delighted to be selected for this award and it was a real privilege to visit the House of Lords for what was a very memorable day. The apprenticeship scheme offered a great mix of on-the-job training and classroom-based learning, and I was very pleased to be offered a role at NewVoiceMedia to start my career in the industry."
Gary Lane, Director of HR and Recruitment at NewVoiceMedia, said: "Brandon has been such an asset to NewVoiceMedia, bringing lots of enthusiasm and fresh new ideas to his role. We are thrilled that he's been formally recognised for his hard work and contribution to the business, in such an exciting way."
Andrew Jones MP added, "The stories we heard about each individual winner was truly inspiring and an indication of the enormous amount of work and creativity taking place across many different sectors, which is a tribute to all the individuals concerned."
Latest Business News
- Anticipated retirement incomes compared with what people are likely to actually receive varies hugely across the UK, new research from AXA Wealth has revealed, creating a national shortfall of more than £4,500 - the cost of… Read More
- Brandon Read, IT assistant at NewVoiceMedia, was honoured as a top performing apprentice at a House of Lords reception last week. The prestigious event, staged by West Nottinghamshire College Group, saw Brandon presented with a… Read More
Latest Property News
- Letting agents Leaders is celebrating its 30th Anniversary this year by hosting special celebrations in each of their 51 branches across the South on Friday, 21st June. Read More
- The latest report from The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) has revealed that demand for housing in Britain has risen to its highest level for over three years. Read More
Latest Lifestyle News
- Local charities are set to benefit from funds raised by the tenth Crondall Triathlon on Sunday June 2nd when a large crowd of spectators is expected in the north Hampshire village to cheer on a record field… Read More
- Following on from the success of London 2012, Camberley Judo Club is already preparing for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro with the help and support of local businesses. The club's Karina Bryant,… Read More
Latest Executive Travel & Motoring News
- The power of viral marketing has been demonstrated by the online campaign for the new Renault Clio with four million views of twin, tongue-in-cheek viral videos. The two-minute films show shocked drivers getting more eye-opening… Read More
- Around two thirds of UK commuters admit to bad driving behaviour according to new data from a car insurance provider. According to the survey rushed and stressed commuters don't feel guilty about driving dangerously or being… Read More
Latest Technology News
- Marketers are missing a powerful opportunity to engage with consumers and deliver personalized experiences that drive brand affinity, according to research from Adobe Systems. The global study polled both consumers and marketers in seven countries… Read More
- Following its success last year, the BIG eCommerce Conference is returning this September with sponsorship from Surrey Chambers of Commerce, More Than Just Mobiles and Sign-Up.to. The conference is organised by Surrey-based digital media business… Read More